Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Daisy - The Birth Flower For The Month of April- Free Daisy Images and Art

Hi everyone and welcome!
It is the start of a new month. The first image I have for you is a calendar page done by the artist Eugene Grasset. 
 I have wanted to do a post featuring daises for awhile. There are tons of pictures, graphics and paintings featuring daises. When I found out that the daisy was the birth flower for April it was the perfect time to share those images.
The daisy is a symbol or motif  used by P.E.O., an organisation that my mom belonged to. As a little girl I wondered what the initials stood for and what the ladies were up to. I just had to find out more! I snooped and one day found a box in mom's closet that contained P.E.O. things! Before I could really see much of the contents my mom walked in! Today all one has to do is go to their website to learn about P.E.O.
Another connection to daises is through the Girl Scouts. I loved being a scout and in collage I was a Browne troop leader. The founder of the Girl Scouts, Juliet Gordon Low was nicknamed "Daisy" by her family. The troop for the youngest girl scouts is the Daises. This is the beautiful portrait done Edward Hughes of Juliet Gordon Lowe in 1887. 
Wikipedia had these fun facts; The flower name comes from the English word dægeseage, meaning "day's eye."[1] The name Daisy is therefore ultimately derived from this source -- a synonym for the Sun. Daisy is also a nickname for Margaret, used because Marguerite, the Frenchversion of that name, is also a French name for the oxeye daisy
This is a favorite of mine.
This could be used for a wedding invitation or menu.
A turn of the century greeting card.
Thought this would make a nice place card for your next luncheon or wedding.
 Images are from TuckDB Postcards, Wikipedia and other on line libraries. 
Images are for your enjoyment and personal use.

2 comments:

KFE Design said...

These are fantastic. I will looke forward to make something with them. Thanks so much and I wish you a fine day.

Daniela said...

Your blog is really delightful, thanks for sharing such loveliness !
Daniela